When I was on Videoland MUSH, I used to love doing character memes on the game’s live journal. Memes such as “What kind of motor oil would your characters be”, “What victory poses would they have if they were fighting game characters”, and so on. I really enjoyed them so I think I’ve like to start doing them again.
It’s not just that they’re stupid fun cause at least half the time they aren’t stupid in the first place. They require thought and reflection, and often serve as good writing exercises, especially when you go the extra mile and don’t just give an answer, but try to explain why that’s the answer.
So to help myself in my literary endeavors, I shall fill out a meme today. It’s a personal 50 question meme instead of a character one, and I invite everyone to try these little exercises out for themselves. Don’t just answer, but say why you answer as well, and maybe you’ll learn some things about yourself that you didn’t realize before.
1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I need to shave before I meet that new pokemon trainer this weekend.
2. How much cash do you have on you?
About $150. It’s all leftover Christmas tips from my customers.
3. What’s a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Favorite planet?
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
My father’s cellphone.
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
It would be Proto Man’s Whistle if I could find it. But I can’t, so I use the Super Mario Bros. theme instead.
7. What shirt are you wearing?
A black shirt that advertises the Roadkill Café. “You kill ’em, we grill ’em.” Among the most popular dishes are Amtrak Elk, Slab of Lab, and Toad ala Road.
8. Do you label yourself?
I’ve been taking a liking to the “mad scientist” label. I feel like I’m on the verge of an awakening as I seek to do all I’ve wanted to do with my life.
9. Name the brand of the shoes you’re currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark Room?
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
She’s kinda fluffy and willfully stupid. >> But her determination and dedication make up for it. Plus, I can empathize with her in that she seems to have the same problem I used to have in thinking that there’s only one right way to do most things, like keep up with LJs or personal journals.
12. What does your watch look like?
Don’t have a watch.
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. (Keep in mind I start work at about 2 am.)
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
“Oh, I have tomorrow off due to Martin Luther King.” from amelia_seyroon. Because she’s the only person I get text messages from, I’m reminded I need to set out into the world and seek more friends.
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Too far away. Everyone here drinks coffee, but I’ve always been a slurpee person.
16. What’s a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
My dad, I believe.
18. Last furry thing you touched?
My cairn terrier named Chip, who loudly protested being hugged but then calmed down when I threw a quilt over him to see if he could find his way out.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
None. My antibiotics ran out about a week ago and I don’t need to take anymore.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?
Who uses film anymore?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
11 or 12, somewhere around that time frame.
22. Your worst enemy?
Myself. Specifically my mild ADD, broad ambition, and bad habits.
23. What is your current desktop picture?
An image of every character in Namco X Capcom.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
The former. Maybe with it I could eventually buy the latter.
26. Do you like someone?
Sometimes I wish I did.
27. The last song you listened to?
The credits song from Mega Man Legends.
28. What time of day were you born?
I couldn’t tell because the outside world was too bright in the hospital room.
29. What’s your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Not to my knowledge.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Working in the electronics department at Wal-Mart. The home office initially wouldn’t broadcast the news reports on all the store’s TVs, so the department manager and I got the insane idea to take out one of the large TV antennaes for sale and assemble it to try to get our own signal. It’s a good thing the home office soon caved in to demand cause our idea wouldn’t have worked anyway.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Apply some percussive maintenance. If that fails, oh well.
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
If I had to, as in if it was required or something, I’d probably get it on the back of my skull so my hair will cover it up when it regrows.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Latin, because no one else speaks it.
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Depends on the circumstance. Most distances are irrelevant in this day and age.
39. Are you touchy feely?
40. What’s your life motto?
“You only get to be a child once, so never forget what it’s like to be one.”
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Hair, fingernails, the scar on my forehead.
42. What’s your favorite town/city?
With any luck, it’ll end up being Timber River.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
An ultimate cheeseburger from Jack In The Box.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
With email being the norm now, I wonder when was the last time ANYONE did that.
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Not yet, but since driving is becoming a career for me, I’ll probably learn some day.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
I guess the crush I had on a girl named Katie Jensen counts. I was only 8 at the time though, and she moved away when her dad changed jobs.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
I know the Stones apparently immigrated from Poland.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
A polo shirt and khakis when job hunting.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
50. Have you been burned by love?
Burned by a kinda-sorta internet celebrity, yeah, but not by love.